SKRINTEST is an easy and prompt screening tool built for healthcare professionals and students. It was developed by Ignacio Mondaca, a skilled clinical pharmacist who recognises the need for faster, more effective screening in the field. SKRINTEST has a range of outstanding functions to help simplify screening for diseases in the fast-paced healthcare setting. It has been approved by several professionals in providing valuable information needed to assist them in their clinical decision making.
In modern medicine, healthcare professionals must work under immense pressure in an overwhelming, dynamic environment. They must make accurate clinical decisions for their patients in a timely manner by using the most reliable, up to date scientific information related to their case. Each case is different, requiring access to different studies and databases, which can make these critical decisions more difficult to accomplish. A misjudged decision may have negative implications on the health of a patient and the ability for the healthcare provider to deliver the best care possible.
SKRINTEST was formulated with this in mind and aims to help alleviate the pressure on healthcare workers by making screening easier, safer and faster in the field. This platform was created by healthcare professionals who know how challenging it is to make quick, well-informed decisions for patients with the most relevant scientific information available. SKRINTEST seeks to make screening for diseases a less daunting task, allowing healthcare professionals to focus on good outcomes, even in the most puzzling cases.
SKRINTEST aims to improve outcomes by searching for the best evidence-based research related to a clinical case in minimal time. This includes:
- Efficient search algorithms to find the most relevant information in a variety of specialities, such as pharmacotherapy and nutrition.
- Comprehensive filters to locate reliable information needed to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and management of many diseases.
- A dynamic interface that utilises a Bayesian model for statistical analysis, to minimise risk and maximise desirable therapeutic outcomes for patients.
SKRINTEST has a variety of technical functions to assist with screening. This consists of our:
- Free and proficient support in blood test screening.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) graph based on albumin levels in the blood, to help assess renal function.
- Thyroid impairment graph to help determine the condition of the Thyroid gland.
- A range of calculators to help detect diseases related to certain components in the blood such as glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) and serum creatinine.
- Bariatric surgery indicator to suggest appropriate dietary information for the management of bariatric surgery patients.
Why spend hours sifting through study after study for ambiguous solutions when you can get the best answers in a few minutes?
Time is of the essence in healthcare and must be devoted to producing the best possible patient outcomes, not burrowing through heaps of scientific literature!
Let SKRINTEST resolve this so you can be as productive as possible at work!
Our sophisticated algorithm can be used to find data related to many acute and chronic cases. However, this is not guaranteed for all diseases and cases.
Although SKRINTEST aims to improve productivity through quick and efficient literature searching, it cannot provide a definite diagnosis in every case and find the intended information with definite certainty.
We encourage all users to make decisions based on their clinical expertise, patient preferences and the best evidence available. This tool is no substitution for rational clinical judgement.
Also, SKRINTEST is unable to draw reliable conclusions based on any single analyte itself. In such cases, you may have to manually search for the best research accessible and consult other specialists involved in the case to help resolve it. We are still developing additional functions to help with a wider range of cases.
This tool was developed to find evidence in scientific databases such as Pubmed based on the values and keywords entered. The Bayesian model integrated in this platform aims to extract the most specific and sensitive information quickly. It allows you to type or copy and paste keywords and/or values into the platform to guide you to suitable solutions. A range of information can be found including tables, charts, graphs and articles to assist you in the best way possible.